Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweat, Tears, or the Sea

beach walk

This past week we put our deposit down on a beach house rental in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We've been vacationing there for many years...it's truly one of our favorite places, filled with so many memories of family and fun. My daughter and I love to take walks on the beach every day, and this is our view as we walk down the path that leads us to the ocean. This is my submission for Kim's Texture Tuesday - we had to use "Simplicity". I had such a hard time with this texture and couldn't find a photo that it looked pretty on...most of my photos are filled with color and don't have any light backgrounds. I finally chose this image and used the texture at Soft Light/50%. I was happy to see that I could still use this texture on a colorful photo if I did so very subtly. It added a nice light to it. I also extended the newsprint part of the texture off both sides of the image.

kimklassencafe

16 comments:

  1. Sherri! Congratulations!! What a wonderful week for you and yours! And this photograph is absolutely beautiful and the quote, brilliant! I had a hard time with texture this week for some reason too. One of those weeks I guess. But your image is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job, love the composition of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the photo and the texture work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scene, just like the beaches we have here. Loving the quote too - so apt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture and love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photo...and you favoplace.
    In the Netherlands we've a simular favoplace; on Terschelling (http://www.eilandfoto.nl/eilandfoto.htm), one of our "Waddeneilanden". My favorite place to be and only 2 hours away from my home ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything about this picture is beautiful....i love the ocean, and this makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this photo! Also had to say congratulations!!! on the beach house. Bet you will absolutely love having it. My husband and I built a weekend house in the mountains 15 years ago, and it was the best investment that we ever made in our lives and happiness! I can't say enough about having a "getaway" place. ENJOY!!!! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the kind comments, everyone - and I wanted to clarify that we're only renting our beach house for the week. I realize now that I worded it in such a way that it sounded as if we bought a place. Only in my dreams! Maybe someday... <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun to plan your favorite getaway spot. What a beautiful place and a beautiful pic. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely image, I can see why you'd want to vacation here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely place to take a holiday. Your picture makes the beach look absolutely idyllic. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of the texture, and what a beautiful place! Oh my - I wish I was there now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah... I love your quote, and your photo is lovely... I want to walk on that beach too. Congrats on your beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely spot to spend some time. Have a wonderful vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! I'm so jealous. This is beautiful.

    Congratilations...you have so much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete