Friday, January 6, 2012

Photo Art



Today at Pixel Dust Photo Art, the weekly prompt is to post our favorite photo art image of 2011. I only started this blog a few months ago, but the above image is one of my favorites. I captured this image in my front yard - who knew an electrical plate embedded in the grass could be so beautiful? The pop of color I achieved was exciting...I used Bonnie's "Feelings" texture, at Color Burn/44%. It was also tweaked in RadLab with the filters Oh Snap!, Flora, and Vanilla Kiss. I love manipulating my images to make them look more like pieces of art. I'm grateful to Bonnie for her beautiful blog, textures, and inspiration...I always look forward to Fridays!

17 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Sherri!
    The colors are beautiful, and I think the composition is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creative work here. I like the way the leaves seem dimensional -- they literally float over the electrical plate. I never knew an electrical plate could look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition, I like the light, delicious colors and an excellent approach with beautiful details of these leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous composition...beautiful leaves...and terrific manipulation to make photo art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! You achieved a really interesting photo - yes, a piece of art - in fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely - the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image, super cool pattern of the plates and the juxtaposition of the leaves!!
    Blessings
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes this was such a striking image. I can see why it is your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherri, what an incredibly beautiful photo!
    Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice. Such wonderful colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that contrast in material and color, very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this. I like this very much. Colors are so fabulous. Beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't agree more with you! PAF has opened my eyes to the possibilities for photos! I love that gorgeous blue - it really is a great capture! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SHERRI Really think this photo is lovely. Looks as if you are really having fun with the processing. Don't you love radlab. I think it is so fun and could not be easier. Are you enjoying doing the blog?? It has been under a year since I started mine and have had so much fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherri, this is my first visit here. I was perusing through today's Shutter Sisters post and thought I'd pop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i remember this one. it is just beautiful. excellent choice. thank you. kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete