Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Open Your Heart

set sail

This week's theme at Texture Tuesday is to use the word "Open" in some way. I took this photo at our favorite vacation place - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We went on a dolphin cruise and this beautiful sail boat breezed by us. The words came to me as I looked at the photo, so I incorporated them into my image. The words resonate with me...they are so true. If your heart is closed off, it's so hard to reach for any dreams. I used Kim's "Mayzee" texture here, and also added a layer of an old map to show in the sky. The heart came from a "heart bokeh" texture; I used a reverse mask to reveal only one heart under the words.


kimklassencafe

11 comments:

  1. i love your photo and processing. it is really beautiful! my family has sailed for years now, so this photo really captures my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...this is so pretty!! Love it!

    Hope your day is blessed♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love your processing and use of typography for this

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photograph and quote! I love the water!! You captured it so perfectly. And your composition is so lovely. Love this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Your image is perfect; it captures the interplay of the light on the water so well, and I absolutely love your use of Kim's "Mayzee" texture -- everything just seems to glow with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Sherri, love the words too !
    The colors are gorgeous !
    Nice evening,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Sherri.
    You did a wonderful job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flipping gorgeous! I am wandering through the intro messages from Kim's Beyond Layers adventure and noticed that you're from Virginia, too...so, I wanted to connect! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work and getting even more inspired!
    Take care!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image and I love the processing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet treatment for this photo. =)

    came via kk's texture tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very nice how you've worked with this photo!

    ReplyDelete