Friday, January 13, 2012

Technicolor Moth

Technicolor Moth

I always look forward to the end of the week because Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art offers "Photo Art Friday" at her blog. The key here is to take an image and edit it so that it becomes less photo-like and more like a piece of art. I find it very freeing because there are no rules and I can just play. I add layers and go through all my blend modes to find exciting colors that aren't realistic, but look real pretty to my eye. By the time I'm done, I'm usually grinning like a kid at the gorgeous colors and abstract shapes I've come up with. This makes me way too happy! lol...you should give it a try! It's a whole lot of fun, and also a way to learn new things in PSE as you experiment.

This was an image I took of a moth on our patio door. I added Bonnie's "Blue Me Away" texture, and then her "Wicked" texture on top of that. For both of these, I used the Difference Blend at 100%. I also layered an image of an old Persian rug pattern on top, using it at Difference mode/65% (found at Flickr Creative Commons, from "peacay"). I then tweaked it a bit in RadLab for the final effect.

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful treatment love the grunge look and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I'm so fond of butterflies and this is just beautiful! Awesome contribution to PAF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops..It was a moth! Still beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri I love what you have done with this amazing moth! Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!
    And definitely ART.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous! I love yesterday's photo too - the snow falling softly, with the cozy house in the background. Lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've produced here . . . beautiful. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You achieved such a great look! I could see your enthusiasm for Bonnie's PAF in your words of this post - and I feel pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I like the sort of "grunge" feel this has. You used some great colors/textures on your edit of the moth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you did is truly beautiful!
    Kind of magical to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super work! I love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisitely beautiful! You've created magic!

    ReplyDelete