Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three Leaves

Three Leaves

Bonnie's challenge for Photo Art Friday this week was to use the number three somehow...and/or also to use one of her two free textures she generously shared last week. I had a photo of three leaves I had laid across some gravel, and I used her "Grunge Surprise" texture at Lighter Color/100%. I also added a vintage image layer over top of the leaves (reverse mask) at Overlay/80%. I warmed the image up a bit with a couple of filters in RadLab, and then used the Cutout Effect back in PSE at 95%. I finished things off by using Multiply at 76% to darken it up. As always, I'm amazed at how a plain photo of three leaves can be turned into something so colorful and artistic. I can't wait to play around with next week's challenge - please visit Bonnie's blog and see the details if you've never tried photo art (button below)!

Photo Art Friday

20 comments:

  1. Amazing what you have done with this. I love it. Isn't it fun to see what incredible things you can do with 'nothing"??? Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical creation!! So simple..and yet - so multi-layered. Gorgeous color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    The colors are wonderful!

    Have a nice day, Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent - love the vivid leaf colors and how you separated it from the gravel background. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love this! The way you added the pattern to the leaves looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what was to be done today - I can see I'm going to learn a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the best I´ve seen so far today. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful piece of art. I'd frame it and hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing what can be done to transform images into abstract art...lovely.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful; I love the reverse masking and overlay... fantastic texture to the leaves. Gorgeous abstract. Thanks so much. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! The leaves really stand out, but the entire image is interesting. The texture is great here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is SO cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool, love your image
    Blessings
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous ...
    Thanks for listing your process; inspires me to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! So glad you shared this lovely piece with Photo Art Friday Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for stopping by and telling me you are always cold too! I no longer feel like the only weirdo who wears 15 layers of clothes! Btw I love the texture in this photo and it's composition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, it's a joy to discover how 3 plain leaves can transform into such a gorgeous image! I am loving this journey!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful work of art, great texture and colour :)

    ReplyDelete