Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Mother's Love

Autumn Smile

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

When I first began taking photos last July, I assumed initially that I would go in the direction of portrait photos. I really do enjoy taking pictures of people, but I've barely scratched the surface of the knowledge required. And surprisingly, over the last six months I've realized I want to go in a different direction...more than anything, I love the artistic side of photography and PSE. Words can't describe how stimulating it is to alter my photos and add layers/effects. It's like visual art but without any messy paints or supplies. I absolutely adore it. However, I do still want to continue learning about taking photos of people so that I can take pictures of my family and future grandchildren. I took this photo of my daughter this past autumn when the leaves were turning...it's my favorite photo of her. But, I love the lighting and her big, genuine smile that reaches her eyes. Ahh...a mother's love. When I look at this picture, I could burst.

6 comments:

  1. It sure is a lovely picture. Your daughter looks pretty and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely picture and your daughter is beautiful. It is so much fun editing isn't it. I could spend a whole night just trying different versions of the same photo. It has also made me feel like an artist for the first time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - all of it. The portrait..your gorgeous daughter..and the discovery of finding a different path than you'd anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter has a beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful she is!
    You captured not just her outward beauty but also her inward beauty

    And how I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete