Monday, January 9, 2012

Framed

Like a painting on the wall

It's so easy to get caught up in the stress of everyday living and not notice the beauty all around us. For me, there are days when my demands give me tunnel vision, and I forget to stop and look around. This is yet another reason I enjoy photography so much. It forces me to get out of my head and focus on simple (and beautiful) things. I took this tree photo during one of our country drives in October. I played around with it in PSE, adding layers, and I loved the effect of the frame around the tree, which made me remember this beautiful quote. The frame layer is actually from an image of an old book that I found at Flickr Creative Commons. There are some great images there that have "Attribution Only" licenses...in other words, you have permission to use and adapt the images into your own work as long as you attribute the source. The old book cover layer over top of my photo came from "peacay" at Flickr.


10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sherri, and that is one of the reasons that I love photography. It gets me out of that tunnel vision where it is hard to see beauty because of the pace of life. Love your edit on this and the quote!! Best to you, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph and wonderful processing Sherri! I just love the quote too.

    Thank you so very much for sharing with us today at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a fantastic day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful image and words too, so true...great texture layer, it finishes it all perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one beautiful image and I love the layer of the book with it! Just perfect quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made my day!
    Thanks Sherri.

    It's a beautiful post!
    Going out now (and I have my camera) to take part in the beauty of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a beautiful job of combining nature, layering, and adding the quote! Love the final product! I can certainly relate to your thoughts about photography. It is such a gift the way it carries us away and takes away our cares, at least for the time being.
    Wishing more joyful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work. And thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and you are so right about tunnel vision in our everyday life. We must remember to stop even for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is where my camera lens helps me find more beauty in my world.

    ReplyDelete