Sunday, January 8, 2012

Delight and Wonder

Winter leaves

Leaves take all kinds of strange shapes, as if to invite us to examine them. Star-shaped, heart-shaped, spear-shaped, arrow-shaped, fretted, fringed, cleft, furrowed, serrated, sinuated; in whorls, in tufts, in spires, in wreaths endlessly expressive, deceptive, fantastic, never the same from footstalk to blossom; they seem perpetually to tempt our watchfulness, and take delight in outstripping our wonder. ~ John Ruskin

Today is Macro Sunday over at Studio Waterstone, and yesterday I ventured outside with my camera to capture something up close. As always, I was drawn to the gazillion leaves filling our woodsy back yard. I ended up taking 100+ photos of these gorgeous specimens - so much texture and pattern on every leaf! It truly amazes me. For this photo, I used a textured called Smokin' from Pixel Dust Photo Art (her textures are stunning), and I also put the image in RadLab to tweak it a little bit further.

8 comments:

  1. very pretty, I could walk and look at leaves all day.....especially in fall.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo. I love the textures and believe it or not,...the cool colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely shot and the texture is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shot! Love the different color leaves and the textures on each of them! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves are beautiful when photographed like this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! And - I love your thoughts about the leaves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I like how the patterned background kind of picks up the shapes of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delight and Wonder, indeed!

    Wonderful shot of the leaves!
    Love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete