Monday, January 23, 2012

Polaroid Daisies

Polaroid Daisies

I took this picture last September when my husband and I took a day trip to Middleburg, VA. It was a hot, humid day and I remember sweating and complaining about the heat. Oh, how I wish I had those warm temperatures today! Instead, the roads are icy and there are no colorful petals to be seen anywhere. Those flowers and that day seem like a distant, dreamy memory...which is why I like the effect I got with this photo. It looks like an aged photo from another era. I can't wait till July rolls around again!

11 comments:

  1. This is a lovely photo- I agree in terms of the older style look and appeal this has and I particularly like the close up and view that it's taken from too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo, love you composition!
    I wish it was July too.
    Have a great day.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the polaroid effect with this photo.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, this is just gorgeous!
    It reminds me of a warm sunny day.
    I have not had my Polaroid out since it got cold here, and it seems like forever ago now!
    The film just does not do well at all in the cold.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These are so beautiful, Sherri. I have a friend who shoots using a Polaroid and you would not believe how amazing his images are! Stuns me what he can do with a Polaroid camera. I love your post processing here. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful processing! I also can't wait to have summer again...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage look of this image! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I could go for some hot and humid myself! Great shot and beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisies are my favorite flower so you can imagine how much I love this!
    So beautiful, Sherri.

    Stay warm and be safe!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete