Thursday, January 24, 2013

Photo Art Friday: Hardware

hardware

The prompt for this week's Photo Art Friday is "hardware". I used this image I took of some electrical boxes in Occoquan, VA. I was drawn to them because of their geometric shapes (and also the fact that they were rusty...I love rust!). It was fun to play with the photo in PSE and see what I could come up with. I used an aged paper texture layer (Saturation/100%), the cutout effect (Normal/50%) and put it through Radlab several times.

Thank you for stopping by - click on the button below to see more great photo art!

Original image:

Photo Art Friday

14 comments:

  1. Pretty cool what your processing did on the colors of this. Interesting symetry! Hope your week has been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your adventure with this photo surely paid off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always my favorite posts of yours...I look forward to seeing your creativity at work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your image...powerful and the colors are fabulous!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great shot I get some funny looks from people when they see me taking photographs of rusty objects...

    http://vivhalliwell.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty geometrics and a brilliant topic for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. just grand, Sherri!! I love how you've interpreted this and taken it on a faraway adventure. your meters make me think of ET and then of robots and then of kids and then they make me laugh. such a deLIGHT on this late January Friday simply to laugh.

    we DO enJOY the magical, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good eye for spotting these. It's fascinating to see the way you turned something ordinary into something so creative and artistic. Love the almost "neon" feel that you gave them. Very cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those are great! Who doesn't love rusty stuff? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative! I love that you have taken something so mundane and transformed it into art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The graphic element of the photo was beautifully emphasized with your edits: the colours just buzz and hum!

    ReplyDelete