Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Enhance Your Own Art With Photoshop Elements

floral "b"

floral "b"

floral "b"

floral "b"

I love painting and drawing, and I also love Photoshop Elements. Letting these two worlds collide has become one of my favorite things to do. It's amazing how you can enhance or even completely alter the look of an original piece of art in PSE...truly amazing!

A few days ago I painted this floral "B" in my sketchbook...it's very basic and I simply traced an old, copyright-free embroidery pattern onto paper and filled it in with watercolors (I'm no painting expert). Painting still intimidates me, so it's comforting to trace a copyright-free design and simply practice with my paintbrushes. Next, I scanned my painting into PSE, saved the original, and started playing around with duplicate copies to see how I could change its appearance. Here are three different results I came up with. The possibilities are endless!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I guess it makes sense that you can enhance your artwork the same as you can enhance photography on PHotoshop...I just never thought of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Sherri, reminds me of a Photo Art Friday piece I did on a watercolor painting I did. You are inspiring me....

    ReplyDelete