Friday, January 25, 2013

Decorative Decay

Lorton Prison

Lorton Prison

Lorton Prison

Lorton Prison

Lorton Prison

Lorton Prison

"For ivy climbs the crumbling hall to decorate decay." ~Philip James Bailey

I thought I'd share some more of my Lorton prison photos. These images today are of the building that we eventually went inside of. I'll show the inside photos another day, but the outside of the building was beautiful with its boarded up windows, broken glass, and clinging ivy everywhere. Isn't it amazing how decay can be beautiful in its own way? Here are a few of my favorite shots. We timed our visit to this place perfectly, because the vines were at the peak of their autumn colors.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE! Can't wait to see the inside of the building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vines against the old brick are beautiful. Even though the decay can be beautiful, I had to see it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Photography Sherri. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great place to explore. I like the 3rd and 4th images in particular, with the vines and the reflections in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ivy is wonderful. Good to see some color, even in photos, here in the dead of winter.

    ReplyDelete