Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lions, and Tigers, and...Llamas? Oh My

I went to the National Zoo on Sunday and had a wonderful time...perfect weather and lots of photo opportunities. Taking pictures of the animals was much more challenging than I thought...most of them were either far away or were obstructed in some way (or behind glass). So, my photos aren't the best, but I had fun anyway! The best photos I got were at the kids' farm, where the animals were right there and would stand still.

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

National Zoo

11 comments:

  1. Wow, they have a TIGER in the kid's zoo? I don't think I"ve ever seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, let me clarify - my best shots were in the kids' zoo. But some of these shots were taken in the regular part of the zoo, like the lions and tigers and elephants! Sorry about that...lol.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, the lama looks like it is coming out of a cartoon.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute llama! Personally I always love the kids petting zoo, which reminds me we still haven't been to our zoo since moving here, can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The llama and goat are so cute! They look like they are smiling at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great..and that baby llama is irresistible. Thank-you for taking me along with you to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of the animals. I love the llama and the panda bear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri, you sure got some handsome ones there!!! But the cow... well, that brought a whole new dimension to the term "cow lick."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the shots you got here! That llama is so cute.... I was in Washington state last year and visited a llama farm.... bought a llama wool?? sweater which I love. Looks like this guy just got sheared not that long ago. so fun to visit the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the llama. And the mini-elephant. Or are you just really far away? :) What is the third picture? Beavers? Badgers? I feel stupid.

    ReplyDelete