Monday, October 29, 2012

Calm Before the Storm

fall in the neighborhood

fall in the neighborhood

fall in the neighborhood

fall in the neighborhood

fall in the neighborhood

We are currently staying warm and dry inside our house while waiting out the effects of Hurricane Sandy, which is just now hitting the D.C./Northern Virginia area. The next 24 hours will be intense and we're praying we won't lose power or have damage to our home...any good thoughts are appreciated! While I still have power, I've been editing some images I've taken this past week of the fall colors. These are a few from around my community. To any of you affected by Sandy, please stay warm and safe and I'm sending you good thoughts!

10 comments:

  1. These images are absolutely gorgeous Sherri, just divine!

    I'll be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts and prayers for safety!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous and truly calming images, Sherri! Sending wishes and thoughts for an uneventful storm and no harm or damage in your community. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Sherri!

    I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for safety too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That first photograph knocked my socks off! My geewhilikers! Sell that to National Geographic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely autumnal images. My thoughts and wishes are with you too, be safe! Hugs Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be Safe Sherri! Will be thinking of you in this big storm. My friend in Mass has already lost some trees and their power is out. The storm not even there yet. Hugs from Texas and hope that all will be fine for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be safe Sherri. We had very string winds over the weekend, but hopefully wasn't so bad. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, these images are insanely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images. Good to have those before the storm. Thinking of you as you ride out the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was wondering about you last night as I switched between CNN and The Weather Channel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all being affected by this massive storm.

    Let us know you're OK when you can :)

    ReplyDelete