Friday, October 26, 2012

Red

fall ivy

fall ivy

fall ivy

Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

Thanks to Danelle at her lovely blog, I learned of the Nurture Photography Autumn 2012 Photo Challenge and thought I would link up...it's a seasonal weekly photo challenge series that runs through November 16th. This week's theme is Red/Foliage, and I had some photos I took this past week that fit that prompt perfectly. While in Occoquan, I came across these beautiful red vines growing across the link fence on the bridge over the river. I couldn't resist getting a few shots of them in their gorgeous, fall glory. Click on the button below and join in with this fun challenge!

Nurture Photography Autumn 2012 Photo Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Very true (the quote) and beautiful images, those reds are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of this folliage Sherri! I especially love the depth of field on the last photo. What beautiful fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely red leaves woven through the chain link fence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Gorgeous! I especially like the one looking down the little bridge.

    Are you going to be depressed when the colors are gone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sherri, if you will send me your email, I will forward the response from the editor that i was telling you about , for self publishing. jstonefnp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shots are absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors on these leaves are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaahh...fences and leaves a couple of my favorite things♥ Just beautiful Sherri.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last photo! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Nurture Photo Challenge. I'm so glad to have you with us. Sorry for not stopping by sooner. I'm a little behind on blog visits. :(

    P.S. Our photo challenges are seasonal so stay tuned for a winter challenge after the fall installment is over with. I'd love for you to join us again!

    ReplyDelete