Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's the Little Things

Mushroom

"Life is a question of nerves, and fibers, and slowly built-up cells in which thought hides itself and passion has its dreams. You may fancy yourself safe, and think yourself strong. But a chance tone of color in a room or a morning sky, a particular perfume that you had once loved and that brings subtle memories with it, a line from a forgotten poem that you had come across again, a cadence from a piece of music that you had ceased to play— I tell you, Dorian, that it is on things like these that our lives depend." ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

What a lovely quote. It truly is the little things that make life poignant...like the smoky smell of burning leaves on an October day. Or noticing the tinge of sunset etched against a rusty leaf edge, as it hangs by a thread on a tree limb...or stumbling upon a sweet, gilled mushroom growing beneath tall trees, anchored silently in the earth amidst moss, roots, and stones. Or wearing your favorite fall sweater and sipping a Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks...which is something I plan to do later today. There are so many small moments to treasure...what special moments have you observed today? This is my submission for Kim's Texture Tuesday...the prompt is "looking up". I used Kim's "happy heart" texture at Soft Light/20%, and finished it up in Radlab.

kimklassencafe

11 comments:

  1. Yes, beautiful light and it's the small moments that = a lifetime. I had a salted caramel mocha frapp today after my unexpected moment of watching the sunrise today. And I savored every whipped cream, salted caramel moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri,
    I absolutely love the tree bokeh.. so dreamy!
    I've never had the salted caramel mocha. I hear so much about it, I must try it out.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot and beautiful tweaking of the image.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot, love the perspective of this and all that gorgeous bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfectly paired quote with this exquisite image. Mushrooms are among my favorite photographic subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your salted caramel mocha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely macro and great quote too...time to wrap up and get myself a hot chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. another stunning image Sherri! Love the bokeh!
    I think I might need to kick my caramel macchiato rut for the salted caramel mocha..sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, the delicacy in this photo is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete