Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Another week of challenging prompts - these required some thinking! Thank goodness there aren't strict rules here and we can stretch things a bit. :)

1. Gear. I was struggling with this one...and then I came across this butterfly wing in my yard. Poor butterfly...this was a very important part of her flying gear. It made me sad to see it, but it was too beautiful not to photograph.
butterfly wing

2. Warped. The only warped thing I could think of are the watercolor papers I paint on. They always warp on me...it's an ongoing problem.
warped paper

3. Marble. I liked that when I uploaded this photo and saw it full-sized, I could see the reflection of me with my camera inside each marble!
marbles

4. Concentric Circles. Again, completely stumped...until I remembered this spider in her web. If you scrunch your eyes up just right, you can kind of make out the web and see it's concentric circles...lol. Someone who knows all the ins and outs of PSE could probably make the web stand out more, but this was the best I could do. Tips, anyone? Is there a trick to making fine lines like this web pop a little more? I'd love to know!
spider web

5. Glazed. This beautiful glazed, ceramic pot of flowers was at the Botanical Gardens...I pulled this one from my archives because I remembered how pretty it was.
glazed pot with flowers

15 comments:

  1. Your gear is so beautiful and soft, poor creature though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots. Very creative! Great concentric circles- there's no way I'd have gotten that close to a spider though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible group of shots. your art is beautiful, and your creativity spills over into your photography (the spider web - stroke of genus!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! Your painting are beautiful, and I love the marbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, each photograph captures the prompts to perfection. I think the butterfly wing is the most poetic and sad of them all, but like you said, cannot be passed due to its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing Shots. You nailed the prompts this week.. Love the spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set!! Love the marbles and the glazed shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos for you scavenger hunt. I love the marbles and the glazed pot of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful set for the prompts.
    My Top 2 Picks: Concentric Circles - I am always amazed and fascinated by Spiderwebs like this one.

    Marble - Love the way you composed this and yes your reflection in the marbles is cool.

    Runner-Up - Warped, Your art work is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful set, and your art work is exquisite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many brilliant images - I especially love your second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are all great! http://bellabeanphoto.com/Blog/#

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart, I am seeing some of Sherri's art. Love the art, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete