Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Blooms

Astilbe

Hosta bud

On the fence hydrangea

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude Jekyll

The only color I have left in my shady yard right now is from my hydrangea bush, astilbe plant, and hostas, so I thought I'd share a few images. They're so pretty! I used Kim's "peony" texture on the first photo, which is my submission for this week's Texture Tuesday.

kimklassencafe

12 comments:

  1. great month for flower shots! so much colour all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article, the hortentia in the last picture is one of my favourite flowers in the garden.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, right now I would like a little chair in your yard... the pictures are beautiful, the yard is beautiful and as a plant serial killer, I will always be mesmerized by those who are able to grow such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, such beautiful images. I love the colors of the hydrangea blossom. Hope you're having a good week xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bearutiful blue hydrangeas and I love the water drops on the leaves. My hydrangeas are blooming now. I need to get some picks of them. They are Annabells which are white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Nothing like June flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, these are so lovely. I particularly like the water drops on the leaves in the bottom image. I do wish my hydrangeas looked as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great it's hydrangea-time again! Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete