Monday, June 18, 2012

iPhone Monday

spider plant

back yard at sunset

screened porch at sunset

I'm trying to make a regular habit of taking photos with my iphone and practicing with my camera apps. I thought I'd post a few more I've taken this past week...these were all taken during sunset in my back yard. I mainly used Snapseed to "fine tune" the photos, and then Picfx to add filters. Picfx has a wonderful filter under their Light set that's called "Burnt Film". I've discovered that it adds ambiance to photos when you want to enhance the sunset look. I find myself using it quite a bit for that purpose (with the opacity reduced for a more subtle effect).

5 comments:

  1. I am just dipping my toe into the whole instagram phenom. BUT...I can see how I am gonna get sucked right in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I went out taking pictures with my iPod touch on the weekend. It was fun and really challenging - I'd forgotten what it was like to not be able to zoom in on a shot! (I was playing with a black & white "camera" from Hipstamatic.)

    Love your Texture Tuesday post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, these are dreamy. The light is so soft... I am still learning the Picfx, but I don't seem to have the same talent you do for filters...

    ReplyDelete