Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Savoring Life

hibiscus

Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second. ~Marc Riboud

Like the above quote so wonderfully states, I'm savoring moments spent with my daughter, who will head back to college in less than a month...once they're older, summers become even more special because you get their company for awhile! I captured this hibiscus photo a few days ago when we were out shopping on a sunny day...I love the blurred figure of my daughter in the background. This is my submission for Texture Tuesday - Kim asked that we use one of her textures, and I used "providence" at Soft Light/30%. Click on the button below for more wonderful photos!

kimklassencafe

14 comments:

  1. This is a lovely photo of your daughter.... so whimsical. Yes they do grow up so fast! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your precious time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous DOF and colors, you captured both the hibiscus and your daughter beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri, this is so incredible on so many levels. The processing is beautiful, the dof, the fact that is your daughter in the background. Just wonderful! Oh and I love that quote, putting it in my notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture, love how you bring your subject to the forground.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, - really like the emphasis on the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The processing is so nice - almost gives the picture a painting-like quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image! The blurry background is perfecct.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great shot! I love how you had your camera with you even while out shopping! You just never know where you'll find a great picture!

    ReplyDelete