Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back From Whence We Came

beach flower

All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood , in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came. ~John F. Kennedy

This is one of my favorite photos I took while at Hilton Head last month. I love this perspective and the incredible view behind the sweet beach flower. Kim is trying something new on the first Tuesday of each month: "Not Necessarily Texture Tuesday - Anything Goes" edition. So, my photo offering today is texture free - it was so beautiful all on its own, I didn't think it needed it. Click on the button below to participate or to see some other beautiful photos! Thanks for stopping by.

kimklassencafe

17 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, love the POV and softness. :)
    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sherri! Was it instagram and finished on your phone apps? or from you DSLR? Really love this! Looks like you were lying down to take this... Great composition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri so beautiful I love the colour in the foreground.
    Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image, I love how the flower is drinking up the sunlight. Lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really cool image! Great perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a great perspective! that perfect flower against that sky . . . lovely! So nice to meet you, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful perspective! i wish i would live near the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree, no texture needed - it is beautiful!! And I'm loving this new change, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on this!
    The colour, composition and perspective are all perfect as is...no texture was the best way to go!
    Love light coming through the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! Love the ground level aspect you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Sherri! I am a beach-girl at heart although I don't live near one... Lovely image - TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty. We were in Hilton Head last October and what a beautiful place it is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful post. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you - this image doesn't need any processing. It's beautiful. And what a beautiful place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful image & i especially love some of the images in the previous
    Post too..you take beautiful photographs {visiting from BTS}

    ReplyDelete