Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday prompts are yellow, something that makes you smile, antique, splash, and in the sun.

1. Yellow - pretty pansies!
yellow pansies
2. Something that makes you smile - Last week I was out in the front yard trying to capture some good shots of my azalea bushes. My sweet corgi decided to stroll into my shot...how could I be upset with that happy smile? For the record, she's actually standing up in this picture - corgis have very short legs!
corgi
3. Antique - I don't know if this qualifies as an antique, but it's an old pitcher my Mom bought when we lived in Turkey many years ago. It's very large, and these types of pitchers were used with their matching wash basins for sponge baths. (I believe our basin got broken during a move). It's definitely a family heirloom and something I treasure. I like the dramatic shadows in this photo.
pitcher
4. Splash - A splash of color...I love this flower but have no idea what it is (taken in Occoquan, Va.).
pretty flower
5. In the sun - another Occoquan shot. The bright sun on the pot of flowers looked so pretty amidst the shady areas around it.
In the sun

13 comments:

  1. looks like you have beautiful spring weather :

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those flowers are just amazing!! Fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures - your corgi is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pitcher is gorgeous and you little corgi is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha..I am soooo glad you clarified that your pooch is standing, haha. I wouldn't have known otherwise :) That beautiful flowering bush looks somewhat like an azaelea variety, ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices for the Scavenger Hunt!
    Pretty flowers, a cute dog, and an heirloom to pass down to the next generation!
    Have a great day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great set this week. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweet dog makes me smile, and I love that antique pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shots for this week Sherri! What a personable little dog you have, and does have a very nice smile. Looks as if he may have had some photography practice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least I don't have to try and figure out what those first two are :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Sherri!!! You have captured some wonderful shots.
    I agree with Kathy on the Azalea flower in the second last one :-)

    ReplyDelete