Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beautiful Blooms

lily of the valley

azaleas

spring azaleas

“If flowers were merely beautiful to the eye, they would still hold their charm; but at times their scent draws us back – like a happy condition of existence, like a sudden invitation – to a deeper sense of life. Whether I’ve sought out these invisible emanations or, more especially, whether they have suddenly happened of their own accord, I accept them as an intense but precarious expression of a spirit whose secret is hidden by the veil of the material world.” ~ Etienne Pivert De Senancour, Obermann, 1833

More flowers to share on this lovely spring day...I soak up their beauty with a smile on my face and in my heart. Yes, spring does that to me...have a wonderful day! I'm linking up to both Wordless Wednesday and (thinking a day ahead) This or That Thursday.


19 comments:

  1. I like the angle and composition you choose for the second shot. Pretty colors in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily of the Valley takes me back to my parents garden, lovely! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, Your photography is so beautiful! Do you use a special lense? The focus is so crystal clear...striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I only use a point-and-shoot camera set on automatic (no photography expert here, by any means). I absolutely love it, though - it's the Panasonic Lumix LX5. It takes the most amazing photos! Thanks for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely thought. goes beautifully with your stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the colors, nothing like Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent picture!! Good job!!

    Salut from Barcelona

    Francesc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots. The second is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful spring flowers and beautiful poetry!

    Lily of the Valley trivse well here.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the way the second picture has the blurry background making the foreground pop. I've got to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo gorgeous! that first shot is really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post.
    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness- those are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful in deed. I love that first shot! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. magnificent! and I have a soft spot for lily of the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lily of the valley flowers. I like the photo very much. Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos. I LOVE the lily of the valley, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete