Saturday, April 28, 2012

Floral Art

PSE flower

Leanne over at Photos by Leanne has started a new weekly photo prompt called "Floral Art Friday". Using flower photos, you add layers/texture, etc., to make your photo look more "artful". Since this is my favorite thing to do in PSE, I'm excited to participate (one day late)! If you want to give it a try, click on Leanne's button at the bottom of this post! For this image, I started with a purple flower I saw in Occoquan, VA. I added a couple of textures over the top, one blended at Difference and the other at Vivid Light. For the flower center, I used a reverse layer mask and the Lighter Color blend mode to add in the tiny flowers (public domain image). I then finished it up in Radlab to lighten and brighten it slightly.

Original photo:

photosbyleanne

4 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely magnificent flower. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks so much for the shout out and linking up Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First word that comes to mind is WOW Sherrie!
    This is truly a beautiful work of art.
    Love it!!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful edit, love the colour and point of view.

    ReplyDelete