Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Delicate Bells

And the Naiad-like lily of the vale, whom youth makes so fair and passion so pale, that the light of its tremulous bells is seen, through their pavilions of tender green. - Percy Bysshe Shelley

lily of the valley in the window

lily of the valley

lily of the valley

Lily of the valley

I picked some of my lily of the valley blooms and put them in my trusty photo-op vase. I placed them here, there, and everywhere to get some good shots. Here are a few of my favorites. For Kim's Texture Tuesday, on the first photo I used her "Let Go" texture at Soft Light. Everything is so green here in Virginia now - it looks like summer, even though it was only in the 40s yesterday. To those of you who visited my blog yesterday, thank so much for your kind comments on my Monday post. The sun is back today, and my mood is sunnier, too. Your encouraging words were wonderful.

kimklassencafe

10 comments:

  1. fabulous 'here, there, and everywhere'! and you chose my most favorite of all . . . lily of the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a little 'here, there, and everywhere' - amazing what a difference a background can make, isn't it? My fave is the one where the background is out of focus and you've got some bokeh goin' on. All are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of a beautiful flower. These are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sherri, these are beautiful...i especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lovely. I can't pick a favorite. I haven't had lilies of the valley since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your third photo, the contrast is beautiful. Your vase is perfect for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vase, the flowers, the backgrounds...all lovely! Jacqui97223

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty little flowers. Brings back memories of singing this little round.
    White coral bells upon a slender stalk
    Lilies-of-the valley deck my garden walk
    Oh, don't you wish that you could hear them ring?
    That will happen only when the fairies sing

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all beautiful (as always!), but I think my favourite is the third one. There's just something about the colours in the background that I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete