Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I enjoyed Scavenger Hunt Sunday so much last week that I thought I'd give it another try. I like having an "assignment" of words to motivate me and give me ideas for photos. Here are my photos for this week:

1. Facial Feature. This is a shot of my daughter's eyes peeking over a stone wall near the lake by our house. I'm happy she got her Dad's pretty blue eyes. This is the only photo I had to pull from my archives this week, as you can tell from the green trees in the background.
Peekaboo

2. Shadow. It was a sunny day last week when I took this picture...the diagonal shadow is actually me as I leaned over to take a shot of the leaf on our patio.
Diagonal shadow

3. Spicy. This one was tough! I wasn't sure what to do with spicy, so I bought some jalapeno peppers at the grocery. I experimented a bit with trying to capture natural light inside my house with this photo...this is an area where I have no experience. I was pretty happy with how it came out, but I took about 70 photos before I got one I was happy with!
Spicy

4. Gold. I'm not a gold person; it's all about the silver for me. So my interpretation of gold was to capture the crocuses blooming outside in our yard.
Crocuses

5. Fabric. I love this scarf and its texture, so I knew I wanted to use it for the fabric prompt. I had my daughter model it, and added the bracelet to give it a little more oomph.
Fabric

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

14 comments:

  1. These are all great! Love the facial feature and shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful scarf. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots - your daughter has gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all of these, can't choose a favorite. The jalapeno peppers turned out fantastic! Love the color and focus and how you composed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots - love Facial Feature best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots, every one of them. Your daughter's eyes are just gorgeous! Love the golden crocusus with all the earth tones and blurred background. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I love the crocuses; gorgeous colors! I like the spicy shot too; nice composition with the colorful bowl and the stripy background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done - such a playful picture of your daughter. I especially like the composition of your 'spicy' shot and ethereal nature of your crocus 'gold' shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter has some beautiful blue eyes. Lucky girl! Your gold shot is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first shot - absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific collection and response to the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful collection! Your daughters eyes are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all terrific. I don't know what filters or blend modes you used but the your daughter's eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great set, your daughter's eyes are gorgeous! Love "gold", gorgeous and wonderful tree bokeh in the background!

    ReplyDelete