Friday, February 17, 2012

Color Me Beautiful

Abstract green branch

I had fun turning this sprig of green leaves into photo art...I used Bonnie's "Drops of Jupiter" texture at Difference/80%. I then used the dry brush effect on the image at 47%. Next, I added a layer of an old image I found at Flickr Creative Commons (public domain/copyright free) and used a reverse layer mask to bring in only the floral border of the layer along the edges - difference/100%. I loved the colorful results! Click on the button to visit Bonnie's beautiful blog and see some other creative photo art.

Photo Art Friday

16 comments:

  1. Sherri - the leaves look like they are laying on a beautiful placemat - that's how 3-dimensional the image is! Love it. So happy you shared it with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicate plant against a richly colored background--fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this and how the layer mask brought out the lighting of this branch. Isn't this soo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, everyone - I forgot to add: I definitely also used a reverse layer mask to remove all the texture from the sprig of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is delicious! ;-) You've done a wonderful job of layering in the creation of your photo art. (Isn't Drops of Jupiter beautiful?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillar dina färger och sen med ett enkelt blad. Tack för din kommentar. Jag är nybörjare när det gäller texturer.Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! I like the layered, textured and abstracted background contrasted so nicely with the leaf sprig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful artwork.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! - The colors are gorgeous and I love the leaves against them. - I'm hoping to learn this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful contrasts Sherri... love the work on the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sherri, this is really special.
    I love all of the wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete