Thursday, February 16, 2012

Three Vases

Three vases continued

I'm participating in Kim Klassen's 52 week Beyond Layers class this year, and yesterday I was working on her challenge to set up some sort of indoor area for photography with natural light. I'm lucky that our kitchen gets a lot of sunlight in the winter (with all the leaves off the trees), so I set up an area right near our large kitchen window. I stacked two boxes on the floor, up against the kitchen wall, and then covered the boxes with a large piece of Bristol paper. The lighting was great - my only complaint was that I couldn't get the Bristol paper to lay completely flat. I bought these tiny glass vases at Target yesterday, and the baby's breath are from the beautiful flowers my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. All in all, I was happy with my results considering I have a point-and-shoot camera...as always, RadLab helped me tremendously. I used Lights On, Prettyizer and Oh Snap! to make everything pop a little further.

I also wanted to add another photo I took later in the day with my iPhone...I had placed the vases in my kitchen window and loved how they looked, so I couldn't resist an Instagram shot! The same three vases with a completely different look...I'm submitting both of these photos over at Deb Duty's This or That Thursday. Click on the button at the bottom of this post to go visit and see some other wonderful images!

Three vases instagram

11 comments:

  1. The three vases together are beautiful. I love the subtle processing. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these vases all lined up with lovely flowers...beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love how something so simple is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both very pretty pictures - I love your three vases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those vases and that second shot of the trees in the background, very linear and interesting. Great job :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Sherri ~ love what you have done with the light(in both shots). Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shots. The camera rarely makes the photo. The photographer does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like both of these...the windowsill shot is so interesting with the trees in the background and the clarity of the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful! Such different looks, but both very effective.

    ReplyDelete