Friday, February 10, 2012

Hop Across the Sky

Magical Bunny Cloud

For Photo Art Friday this week, I used a photo I took in Middleburg, VA last summer. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a perfectly shaped bunny in the clouds, "hopping" across the sky. It was fun to work with this image and make it look like photo art. I love collecting old images in the public domain (copyright expired) to use as layers and/or texture...Wikimedia is a great source, as well as the Creative Commons area of Flickr. For this one, I first added a pattern from the flyleaf of an old book at Soft Light 100%. I then used the dry brush effect on the image at normal, 100%. Next, I used an old black book cover with an etched "frame" design as a layer over the top, Soft Light at 60%. I used a layer mask to remove the frame from the grass area. Then I used Bonnie's Vellum texture at Multiply, 50%. I finished it up in RadLab and used Oh Snap! and Antique Tone.

Photo Art Friday

13 comments:

  1. Ah!! It IS a bunny!!! That is SO great!! Ha hah! LOVE it! What a great capture! And cool processing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have done this, and that rabbit is incredible. isn't it fun to see something like that. Funny how those formations can be there one minute and gone the next. My husband and I have an airplane, and I have taken so many photos of weird cloud formations... faces, animals etc. should make a book. Love how you have used the cover of a book on this and the lovely patterns that it makes. I have really never thought of doing something like that. Great idea Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cloud-bunny! Great processing, too. I like the idea of using images from books - must try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The processing that you've done on this give that bunny in the sky an extra sense of whimsy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost missed the bunny until I read the title to your piece. I love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like a painting! And that cloud bunny is so defined! Love all your edits. So glad you shared this artwork with Photo Art Friday Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool effects and what a delight to see the "bunny" in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funtabulous find & what a gorgeous sky! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun and beautiful texturing. I absolutely "love" it. Thanks so much for sharing. Karen (visiting from PAF)

    ReplyDelete