Friday, February 24, 2012

Photo Art Friday

Spotted Leaves

I kept working on this one all week and I still feel as if it needs something...you know how when you're working on a piece of art and it doesn't quite feel done? But I ran out of time, so here is my Photo Art result for this Friday. I took this photo in my neighbor's yard last week...I was cat sitting for them and she gave me permission to wander her yard and snap away. I used Bonnie's "Splash of Gold" texture at Difference/100%. I used a reverse layer mask to bring out the difference effect only on the leaves themselves. I also put the image in RadLab to warm it up a bit, and also used "Oh Snap!" to make it pop a little more.

Photo Art Friday

12 comments:

  1. Great effect that you got there! I really like it. Now will need to find out what a reverse layer mask is??? Seems there is no end to new things to learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really great, wouldn't change a thing! Although I know what you mean by working on something and not feeling quite right... But here the result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous colors in this. Love your creative processing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it as is. The colors are wonderful and the texture worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh SO nice Sherri. Fabulous processing. Sometimes, even on a good edit, when I feel it still needs something, I try Poster Edges (an Artistic Filter) - it seems to pull all the parts together. (The opacity usually needs to be reduced by at least half.) Thank you for sharing your art with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sureal sense of color in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I think this is gorgeous! Love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete