Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Today I'm going to try my hand at Scavenger Hunt Sunday...each week, you are given five prompts and have to present a photo you've taken for each. If you want to give it a try, click on the button at the bottom of my post! This week's prompts were ones I felt I could handle, so here goes:

1. Strike a Pose: My daughter posed for this shot - I like how her sweater coordinates perfectly against the backdrop of winter with all its browns, taupes, and grays.
Winter taupes

2. Footwear: Again, thank you to my daughter for modeling, and for her love of shoes...these cute purple ones were a gift from Santa. :)
Purple shoes

3. Hobby: I love to paint and have been trying to do more of it. This was some dabbling I did earlier this week.
Painting

4. Shiny: There's nothing shinier around our house than my husband's lovingly polished Harley Road King.
Road King

5. Color Me Green: For the first time I can ever remember, our daffodils were sprouting as of January 31st. The warm winter temperatures have teased them out early - I sure hope they'll be OK!
February Daffodils

And there you have it...a mishmash of pictures, but I hope you enjoy them. Happy Sunday!

20 comments:

  1. These are all so great this week! Love your husband's harley, wow so shiny! And the green shoots of flowers, in Feb, insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! :D and wow... love the color of your hubbys harley! BEAUTIFUL! :D and neat shoes! I love to paint too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics!! Love shiny & footwear - awesome shoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job - and your daughter is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a grand daughter who would covet those plush purple shoes. You got such a nice composition and fantastic color.....green shoots in February....I am envious. smiles: sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. your daughter is so beautiful,I always wished I could paint, so I shoot pics instead! Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures, and your daughter's shoes are awesome!! I'm so jealous right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter makes for a beautiful model - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job - those purple shoes just leapt out from the blinkies on Ashley's page. SO cute!
    Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shoes! And the composition in hobby is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, looking at your daughter and your picture I can see where her beauty comes from!! Love your hobby entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABulous set! LOVE your strike a pose, your daughter is GORGEOUS! You ladies have lovely taste in foot wear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I hope these daffodils aren't in for a rude awakening. We are experiencing the same thing here. Crazy non-winter.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is such a great set, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite! I really love them all. Strike a pose is wonderful and so is hobby, shiny, and green! Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great collection of pictures - your daughter is so pretty and I love her shoes. I have a daughter that would love them as well!!
    Your husbands Harley is a wonderful colour and so shiny. I would love to draw and paint but alas am no good at it. Your work looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun series of responses to Scavenger Hunt Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous daughter...beautiful purples shoes, love your dabbling in paint, are those daffodils??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Next week's prompt... A picture of the whole bike :) I bet that's sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great set, love your hobby photo, so pretty! Gorgeous portrait of your daughter, her clothes do suit the winter tones beautifully and she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete