Friday, February 3, 2012

Me and My Shadow

Abstract Leaf

This is my submission for Photo Art Friday this week...we're supposed to submit something that surprised us in some way. What I love about photo art is that every time I create a new altered image I'm surprised! That's why I love it so much - you never know what you're going to end up with, and there are no mistakes. This was a photo I took a few days ago while outside in this freakishly warm weather we're having. It was a sunny day, so the dark, middle strip is actually my shadow as I bent down to take a closeup of some moss and a single leaf on our patio stone. I used Bonnie's "Blue Me Away" Texture - Pin Light/100%. I then multiplied it at 57% and increased the saturation. Then I put it into RadLab and used Oh Snap! and Prettyizer at 100%.

Photo Art Friday

14 comments:

  1. This could be a painting as well as this wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo editing skills are amazing - I'm psyched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these creations. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the colors you ended up with. I agree that you do get surprised every time you alter a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrasting colors, nice details of the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great piece of photo art editing! Love the turquoise. I love "O Snap" and "Prettyizer" too. Thanks for sharing with PAF Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you - I'm always surprised by what happens when I start playing! This is wonderful. I love the idea that you appear in the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really effective - simple but dramatic. I'd put that on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that colorful photo! If you get a minute, I'd love you to enter my giveaway that ends tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this RadLab is sure popular and definitely produces wonderful results. This is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing. Visiting from PAF.

    ReplyDelete