Friday, October 24, 2014

Rhythm of the Seasons

Virginia country roads

Virginia country roads

Virginia country roads

Virginia country roads

Virginia country roads

Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night; and thus he would never know the rhythms that are at the heart of life. ~Hal Borland

Hubby and I drove to the Virginia countryside last weekend and I got so many great photos...there's just something about back country roads, especially with autumn showing its presence! I love it when we drive down a random road and stumble upon a gorgeous landscape...it's so incredibly quiet. There's no traffic sounds...just the songs of birds, or silence. What a wonderful moment it is to experience this...so good for the soul.

I'm sharing a few for Friday Finds. Today, I'm going to Williamsburg, VA for a weekend trip and hope to have some more great fall images. I can't wait to share when I get back! Thanks for stopping by.

Kim Klassen dot com

12 comments:

  1. So decorative, those rolls of hay/straw ?
    Good to find things to take our thoughts away from flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images! I too, love the quiet! Love the hay bales and rolling hills. Can't wait to see Williamsburg. I've been there and that will be a great place to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like I could be standing right there with you when I look at your photos ... I can almost smell the fields and feel the cool moist air. Have fun in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely images - seems like such a quiet and beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. country life is the life -- with all the smells -- and colors - love these photos..
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Virginia girls, I suspect you and I are traveling down some of the same country roads - and I love every image and view you share. Enjoy your trip to Williamsburg - and take lots of pictures, too! My husband and I both went to college there and it is one of our very favorite cities of all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shots of the hay bales out in the field. Glad you are getting out in the countryside and exploring! Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shots of fall in the country. You are right there is something so healing about the quiet and peace of being in the country. I love Williamsburg so it will be fun to see the scenes you capture during your trip….

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and iconic later fall.

    ReplyDelete