Tuesday, October 7, 2014

There is Something in the Autumn

fall leaf

There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood –
Touch of manner, hint of mood;
And my heart is like a rhyme,
With the yellow and the purple and the crimson keeping time.
~Bliss Carman

Well, that quote is absolutely perfect to describe how I feel about fall...so I think I'll just tiptoe out of here with my rhyming heart, put on my flannel scarf and fall boots, and continue my search for beautiful, October colors! And if you happen to see me out there, just ignore the foam mustache from my Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha, OK? :)

Happy autumn, everyone.

(I used Kim's Anna texture at Multiply/30% for my image.)

14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous leaf Sherri and the the background it is on, perfect. I will be looking for a mustache with a camera and know it will be you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Autumn! I love the contrast between the texture of the leaf and the textured surface the leaf is sitting on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and processing but now you have me thinking of Salted Caramel Mocha! Enjoy your walk. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaf looks like a painting and your poem speaks for many of us in the Autumn. I can even say that I have had one of those white foamy mustaches and loved every drop of it. This was a nice way to start my day, Sherri. Your work with Kim's textures is perfect as well ... Happy Autumn to you ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible subtle colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is a Pumpkin Spice Latte mmmmm. Love your image so perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited the other day when I went into Houston to pick up my camera (getting cleaned) and found a beautiful red leaf on the ground. I took it home with me and forgot it in the car and the next day it was just brown - :(

    This is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done - love the simpleness of this one object in the photo -- the texture on the leaf is eye capturing!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and wonderful quote. Salted Caramel Mocha - sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the details on the leaf, along with the poem. Oh, I recently had a Salted Caramel Mocha - sooo good!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I had to pick a season to be me, it would be fall. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your image and the "image" it puts in my head of you walking and enjoying autumn is perfection. Love it.

    ReplyDelete