Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fall Fungi

mushrooms

mushrooms

mushrooms

mushrooms

mushrooms

mushrooms

The jewel is the awaring presence, not the object being seen. That’s why we can be bored and disappointed while gazing at the Swiss Alps and ecstatic and blissed out over a crumpled cigarette package in the gutter. The beauty is in the quality of the seeing, the awareness, the presence, not in the object being seen. ~Joan Tollifson

I'm never bored while on the hunt for pretty mushrooms! They can be very elusive, so you definitely have to be 'present' while looking for them. I think the mushrooms may have peaked in my area, though...now that the temps are cooling down, I'm not seeing as many. Here are a few I've stumbled upon in the last few weeks. I will continue my search for the month of October - maybe I'll get lucky and find a few while out enjoying the fall foliage.

I'm trying to get back into a blog routine...October is the prettiest month of the year, so I'll definitely be blogging the autumn colors! Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you are never bored with this type of subject, all are just wonderful and all so different. Such a treat I would even get down on my knees which isn't easy these days for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't look real do they ? I still imagine little elves living in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool looking. I really like that 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your images, Sherri ... I miss my mom and the trips we made to the forests, picking mushrooms! Your images make all those precious moments come back to me :)

    ReplyDelete