Tuesday, August 5, 2014

More Magical Mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

summer mushrooms

Well, I have a new hobby...my neighbors must think I'm crazy. Everyday now I wander my yard with my camera looking for pretty mushrooms. Someone observing from a distance must think it very strange to see some lady wandering around her yard staring at the grass! I hope I don't become known as the Mushroom Whisperer.

I'm sharing part two of my mushroom photos - it's been fascinating to see how quickly they appear from one night to the next, and also how quickly they disappear! There haven't been as many this past week, but we also haven't had as much rain and humidity. I will continue my mushroom treasure hunt and hopefully share more photos as I find them.

Also, in my last post I shared an image of two reddish mushrooms (click HERE to see that post). As they decomposed, they turned jet black - I'm sharing that image up above.

And the spiked mushroom I found looks like a real rebel in the fungi world - if it were a person, it would be pierced, tatted, and listening to heavy metal!

For my blurred mushroom photo, I used Kim Klassen's "Cora" texture at Multiply/38%, which helped darken the photo just right. I actually kind of liked how the mushroom blurred and the sharp blades of grass came into focus. I completely planned that... :)

“Texture

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is sooooo magical! Fabulous lighting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, Sherri! I wish we had mushrooms here in South Texas - it's just too hot for them I guess. I used to love hunting for them in up-state New York. Thanks for sharing these great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all your shots...but especially the second one...magical indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    These are all fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible are these little fungi. I've not seen them in our area. Too desert-y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome mushrooms! The good thing about us photographers is that we long ago stopped worrying what people think of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These mushrooms are amazing Sherrri! i don't think i have ever seen any quite like these. You must have alot more moisture there than we do in Texas. Nothing quite like this. Hope your week is going just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they are all SO beautiful ! Thanks for sharing Sherri :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, we have those same red ones in our yard and I photographed them too -- didn't go back and check the next day, though. That jet black is something else! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! I love how you got right down at their level. That first one looks like a scene from a fairy tale- I expect elves to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a magical world you have in your yard. Your photos are fantastic. I too, like the out of focus mushroom with the sharp blades of grass. You are indeed a mushroom whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, gorgeous! And so much detail. I love those blue mushrooms - never seen that colour before! I also love the thought of you as the Mushroom Whisperer seeking every new growth!

    ReplyDelete