Friday, August 3, 2012
Five Fact Friday
Kim and Xanthe are hosting "Five Fact Friday" over at their Reflection of You blog today. I thought I'd join in - here are my five things:
1. Not only am I an introvert, but I'm also an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). There are many of us out there...are you one of them? Psychology Today actually published an in-depth article about HSPs for the first time last year. Being an HSP is a blessing when it comes to creativity...but it can be challenging in day-to-day life.
2. Depending on the activity, I'm either right-handed or left-handed. I write with my right hand, but tend to do most other things with my left...except when batting in baseball, or golfing, or throwing a frisbee (back to the right hand). When I paint, I switch my paintbrush back and forth from my left hand to my right, sometimes without even realizing it - very strange!
3. I love clouds. I take more photos of clouds than any other thing. My family shakes their heads each time because they just don't understand my obsession with the beauty of clouds. lol
4. I am an Army brat...I lived in many places growing up, including England, Turkey, Panama, and Germany. I went to three separate high schools between 9th and 12th grade.
5. The older I get, the more I listen to my inner voice. My painting above symbolizes that inner intuition...that wise presence who is always there if I just listen.
Thanks for stopping by - by the way, I'd love to hear 5 fun facts about you. :)