Sunday, September 2, 2012

Macro Sunday

macro leaf

macro leaf

macro leaf

After all, I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string. ~Anne Shirley

I thought I would participate in Macro Sunday this week...I haven't done it in a long time and it feels good to zoom in close for a change. This past week I've found myself doing that a lot; with the change of seasons coming, things are turning and I'm noticing it everywhere. It's amazing what photo opportunities you can find if you simply look down at the ground. I could seriously do this all day...I love going in search of organic shapes and textures in nature. My photos today are all of leaves...the skeletonized leaf close-up amazes me because of all the colors. I did increase the saturation a little bit for this image, but the blues and purples were already there, I promise! So gorgeous...thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday.

studio waterstone

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous details! Perfect for macro-Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different but excellent macro shots.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these macro shot Sherri, Rich in texture, color and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These macros are amazing Sherri, I love the first one and the last one especially, leaves are so beautiful but often overlooked :) thanks so much for stopping by earlier, you lifted me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri, I'm Shirley and have been posting my photo's a short time and enjoying all the photo's I see. I love your leaves as I live in New England and we are just starting to feel some of fall in the air. I'm glad you posted as I'm now following you..I see you are a fan of our wonderful 'Anne Shirley' (who isn't?) so I know we have lots in common..Enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful leaves, I especially like the lace in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Macro and the leaves are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete