Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crisp and Golden

Acorns and leaves

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple… ~J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow

Taking this online Lightroom class has really affected my time to just get outside with my camera. I took a break yesterday and did just that. It was nice to snap a few photos and do a little editing. We have an electrical grate in our yard that makes a beautiful backdrop for photos; something in the plastic has a bit of a sheen to it that really pops in PSE. Here is a shot I captured of some beautiful acorns on a sprig of turning leaves. Autumn is here! She shows here face a little more each day. Thank you for stopping by...I'm wishing you a wonderful week.

12 comments:

  1. that quote is a match to what I see outside right now.. nice photo & processing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shot! I've just found out you can eat Acorns aswell ....mmmmm, intersting! I do love Autumn though, I must admit. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great composition. Love the juxtaposition of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the textures and the gold color in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn also started here in The Netherlands. It goes very fast this year.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo! Autumn = Harry Potter for me too ;). Need to pick it up and re-read it again this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree the class is keeping me busy too, but I find I am anxious to get outside and take photos now that I have even more to do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah, this is lovely. You know, I've been in much the same boat over here... taking too many classes. They are so fun but I haven't been taking many pictures lately. Must fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're right about the background. Hope you have a wonderful week, as well. But not like the greatest week ever or anything, because then every other week from here on out would be a disappointment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful autumnal detail and image. A great find!

    ReplyDelete