Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

mirror outside

mirror in the woods

I had to share a couple more of my mirror photos...the reflection of the trees in the mirror is so magical. My daughter said it reminded her of Narnia, and it does look like you could step through the mirror into another place. That's what walking in the woods does for me...it leads me inward, it gives me peace, it helps me calm my mind.

WORDS

A walk in the woods
Stirs up my words
Ripening them to apricot
In the half-light of my memories
Some words are heavy like the fog
Draped pale across the trees
While others seem sweet
Like golden, wild honey
Yet warn of a sting if
I press my ear to their hive
And then there are those words
Flapping behind my eyes
Like foolish, feathered birds
Disbursing in a swarm
Then settling once again
On weighted limbs within

Some words echo distantly
Like a dog barking
On a far, rain-colored hill
While others bloom there
Like swollen magnolias
And letting them out
Scatters their beauty
Like raw seeds in the wind
And then there are words
Too fragile to express
So they hang inside
Releasing one by one
Like pine cones falling
Deep in the night
Gathering soundlessly
On the floor of my mind.

© Sherri Brannon

and
 then, she {snapped}

21 comments:

  1. It does remind me of Narnia too! It is very magical and it captures so much depth. I get the feeling I want to jump into the mirror to this “other world.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. How creative! It really does make you feel like you could just venture off into a new place and start exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narnia! Yes, these are so stunning - I can envision some different ideas with mirrors now...thanks for visiting and sharing our common loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem....I can so relate to what you wrote about words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these shots - it does indeed look like a door to a new world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look a little like Narnia! Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are magical Sherrie! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great shots. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a great idea!! Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so creatively magnificent! I'm seriously awed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these shots with the mirrors. They are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Splendid idea and well executed too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love this idea! very creative and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely has a "magical" feel and appearance when you do that mirrors outside thing.

    And wow! Those last eight lines especially are just splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so creative! looks like you could step right in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does look like a doorway into a magical mysterious world :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another wonderful poem.... I loved it so much I copied it in my journal. Beautiful. Your poetry is much better than most of what I have on my bookshelves. Do you love doing it?? You could write that down as one of your passions.... publishing a book that would speak to many women.... Well??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, I honestly love it so much...it would be wonderful if one day I could publish my poetry. Thank you very much for your kind words!!

      Delete
  18. this entire post is magical... lovely... I love the reflection/Narnia thought...
    And love...the ending of your delightful poem;
    Too fragile to express
    So they hang inside
    Releasing one by one
    Like pine cones falling
    Deep in the night
    Gathering soundlessly
    On the floor of my mind.

    ReplyDelete