Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday prompts are mirror, inspiring, time, close up, and sidewalk. I have an eclectic bunch of photos this week...they kind of look like a drawer of mismatched socks! lol...but they were fun.

1. Mirror. I was stumped about what to do for this prompt, and then got the idea to take a mirror outside. When I mentioned it to my husband, he remembered this big, old mirror sitting unused in our basement. He was a good sport and carried it outside for me, moving it around while I took photos - it's incredibly heavy! I absolutely loved the way this turned out - it's like you're looking into another world.
mirror, mirror in the woods

2. Inspiring. People who dance inspire me...I have never been a dancer or taken dance classes, but watching my daughter dance throughout her childhood gave me such a love for this beautiful art form. I gathered some of her worn dance shoes, and when I saw her pointe shoe ribbons, it dawned on me to spell a word out with them. It seemed to look best in black and white, so I went with it.
dance shoes

3. Time. This is the face of our grandfather clock - it's been in my husband's family for several generations. You can see where someone at some point painted over the number dial and re-wrote the clock numbers by hand. I'd love to know the story behind why this was done!
grandfather clock

4. Close up. We have tiny strawberries growing wild in our side yard right now. There's a small patch of them.
wild strawberry

5. Sidewalk. I was trying to find a way to make a sidewalk picture look pretty...walking around the block, I found this beautiful flower hanging low over the curb, with the sidewalk in the background. Perfect!
curb view

Please click below to see other wonderful photos, and to all of you who are mothers, I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day! I'm looking forward to lunch with my daughter later today before we drop her back to campus - she has three finals left for Monday/Tuesday, and then she's home for the summer. I can't believe she'll be 21 next month...they grow up so fast, don't they?


20 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos from you yet again! The mirror shot is ingenious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to take the mirror outside - that turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, the mirror photograph you posted is so beautiful. It is very unique, creative, and it adds so much depth to the photo. I also love the close up of the strawberry. I have always loved close shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mirror shot. Our kids do grow up way to fast don't they. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DID make a sidewalk look pretty. The mirror idea and result is excellent-brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your interpretations! Your mirror and inspiring shots are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots ~ and so thoughtful! The mirror shot is wonderful...I've fallen in love with puddles this spring because they seem to do the same thing. Yours makes me think of Alice through the looking glass! And the dance slippers are fantastic...I'm a scrapbooker - so that photo screams title page of your daughter's dance scrapbook to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set this week! I need to start playing SH again, one day I will. I miss all you guys!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Angie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I have mirror too in my photos ! And I like your sidewalk and inspiring photos most !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, all, but that mirror shot is something else. It does look surreal. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh... home for the summer. I wish my girls were of an age where I could say that!
    the mirror pic is amazing. that tree looks ginormous!
    and the INSPIRATION shot - wow, what a great picture! worthy of enlarging and putting on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first three photos are wonderful! Your mirror picture is stunning and I really do love the shot of the shoes. Great composition!

    The time shot is great too. I love the look of that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank your husband again for lugging around that mirror. That shot is fantastic"

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your shots are just perfect, and the mirror shot is stunning. I love the sidewalk, and the ballet shoes as well. excellent work !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like that first one of the mirror laying in the woods. Very creative and it made for an interesting shot. And those dance shoes are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your mirror photograph Sherri - it's like you could step into it and disappear!! And those dance shoes in black and white are just perfect! Love your clock too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos. They are all so beautiful. I especially love the mirror shot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. People who dance inspire me

    Suffice it to say, then, that I would NOT inspire you :)

    Great photos, all. But that first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow..love your mirror shot!! and the dance shoes... so sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your images are wonderful!! Especially love the ballet slippers and your grandfather clock!

    ReplyDelete