Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nothing Lasts Forever

pink azaleas
rhododendron in the fog
azaleas galore
foggy rhododendron

Every winter,
when the great sun has turned his face away,
the earth goes down into a vale of grief,
and fasts, and weeps, and shrouds herself in sables,
leaving her wedding-garlands to decay...
then leaps in spring to his returning kisses. ~Charles Kingsley

My azaleas and rhododendrons are all turning brown and fading away...it's always so wonderful to see their gorgeous blooms each spring. But nothing lasts forever...so today, I honor their beauty with a few more pictures I captured of them in their pink peak. Until next year, lovely flowers - I look forward to your return! I'll be linking this up to This or That Thursday...click on the button below if you'd like to participate (tomorrow)!

13 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful, but I am particularly drawn to that second shot. Something about greenish hazy light as a backdrop to the pink is breathtaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I really like that second shot with all of the trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sherri. Exquisite photos! I am finally taking a photography class. I hope to get as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are gorgeous! My favourite is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second is my favorite. Not that you asked :) I just like the clarity and focus against the faded/hazy background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second shot is gorgeous, but I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ~ absolutely wonderful shots ~ We in New England are having 4 days of rain ~ waiting for Spring flowers ~ good to see yours! ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful petals in your photos. Your last shot is my favorite !
    Kind regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful!
    I love this time of year when everything is blooming one after another!
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fan of that second shot, too.
    Unusual composition...but it works beautifully.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so nice! we have those flowers in the botanical garden, but here (Finland) they'll bloom later on, in June..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bit late here Sherri, but i love these azalea photos!! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete