Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let the Light In

azaleas

Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in. ~Alan Alda

For Texture Tuesday this week, our image had to center around light. I love this shot I captured of some of my pink azalea blooms in a white bowl - the subtle shadows and light add so much interest, I think. I used Kim's "Vintage" texture at Soft Light/51%, and finished it up in Radlab.

kimklassencafe

10 comments:

  1. I love how the gorgeous light shadows the window pane in the background. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you can see the shadows of the window panes! great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the softness of the shadows. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Sherri! Love the quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, from the light, to the color, to the composition, this is truly a beautiful image.
    So very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri, this is art. The shadows and and light, the details and the colors... it's like a visual poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower and beautiful light! I love the softness of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, love the shadows and that pop of pink is just gorgeous. Lovely soft texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such glorious color and light!

    ReplyDelete