Monday, May 7, 2012

Safe Keep

pink blooms

I'm taking Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class, and her assignment for today was to choose something that brings light into our lives. My immediate thought, of course, was my family and my beloved Ruby (our corgi)...they are my brightest lights, without question. But another thing that brings my spirit so much light is spring. Every year when spring shows its first signs, my winter melancholy lifts away. Everything is new, everything is growing, everything has a new beginning...there is color where none was before. I feel re-energized and replenished after months of wanting to hibernate from the cold, bleak landscape. All I want is to be outside amidst the warm sun and the blooming plants and flowers. I truly do feel filled with light during this time...I'm more positive, happy, and hopeful than at any other time of the year. For that reason, spring is one of the things I'm most grateful for! I'm including a poem I wrote about spring below, and I'm also linking this up for Kim's Texture Tuesday...I used her textures "Happy Heart" and "Now", both at Soft Light/25%. I also put the image into Radlab and tweaked it with a couple of filters.

SAFE KEEP

A canopy of pink turns the wind sweet
Softly scented to soothe your shadows
Walk your troubles away, my friend
Don’t shun the morning’s vibrant pleas

Let your sadness wander free
To follow spring’s bright blooms
Celebrate the burnished hope
That shimmers on dancing leaves

Hand your sorrows to the trees
They will store them for safe keep
Etched inside as burnished rings
Cradling worn thoughts, while robins sing.

© Sherri Brannon

kimklassencafebeyondlayers

16 comments:

  1. oh my! what a truly extraordinary post. your words, your lovely poem and your photo are remarkable. I don't know if its just because I feel the exact same way about spring or what, but you have an amazing way of saying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is my favorite time of year also. Beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is the season of hope. I have to say the gorgeous photo rivaled your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same about spring. I really go into hibernation in the winter and it is so nice to feel my soul sing once spring comes. I love these blossoms too. In fact, I have a bit of a problem taking way to many photos of them. Just can't seem to get enough & they are here for a short time. Also I just love Radlab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely amazing. Your poem is so beautiful and the photo is perfection. I enjoy the bright sun of south Florida, but I sure would love to see the blooming of flowers in the spring. I love the part "let your sadness wander free..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri, your words are just as beautiful as your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tree, Very Pretty photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo and texture work and I love your words too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i can't tell you how much i loved this post. the poem is perfect... and the words you wrote, i totally identify with. i get so down by winter's end. i long for spring every year... far earlier than it arrives. nothing invigorates me more than those spring blossoming trees. sadly, they've all already come and gone around here. that's why i like to photograph them. what a beautiful poem... i will have to bookmark this to use that poem next spring... wish i had seen it earlier for my pink blossoming trees post a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mee too, i loved this lovely romantic tree and poems. How pink colors can be so lovely...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photo - I just love all the blossom that's out in abundance at the moment - it's a wonderful time of year and your picture just captures it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto all the above. I LOVE spring and it does make you want to sing. Love this beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you had me at while robins sing...one of my ALL time favorite things. the robins actually were here quite often this winter...assuming due to the mild MI weather. Dec 31st, Feb. 4th. i was over the top excited!! love robins. lovely photo and wonderful poem sherri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sherri, what a beautiful poem and stunning photograph. Sooo lovely. You need to frame both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your photo and poem...springtime is such a wonderful light in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I celebrate spring with you. I just love flowering trees - another special reason to just look up, as your images shows.

    ReplyDelete