1. Mirror. I was stumped about what to do for this prompt, and then got the idea to take a mirror outside. When I mentioned it to my husband, he remembered this big, old mirror sitting unused in our basement. He was a good sport and carried it outside for me, moving it around while I took photos - it's incredibly heavy! I absolutely loved the way this turned out - it's like you're looking into another world.
2. Inspiring. People who dance inspire me...I have never been a dancer or taken dance classes, but watching my daughter dance throughout her childhood gave me such a love for this beautiful art form. I gathered some of her worn dance shoes, and when I saw her pointe shoe ribbons, it dawned on me to spell a word out with them. It seemed to look best in black and white, so I went with it.
3. Time. This is the face of our grandfather clock - it's been in my husband's family for several generations. You can see where someone at some point painted over the number dial and re-wrote the clock numbers by hand. I'd love to know the story behind why this was done!
4. Close up. We have tiny strawberries growing wild in our side yard right now. There's a small patch of them.
5. Sidewalk. I was trying to find a way to make a sidewalk picture look pretty...walking around the block, I found this beautiful flower hanging low over the curb, with the sidewalk in the background. Perfect!
Please click below to see other wonderful photos, and to all of you who are mothers, I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day! I'm looking forward to lunch with my daughter later today before we drop her back to campus - she has three finals left for Monday/Tuesday, and then she's home for the summer. I can't believe she'll be 21 next month...they grow up so fast, don't they?