1. Crossed. I may be stretching it a bit, but this was all I could think of...when I showed this to my husband he asked me why there was dust all over my shoes. So now I feel the need to explain that they're suede - there's no dust! lol
2. A Glimpse. I loved the sunlight in this photo. It's hard to believe I caught this glimpse of spring this past Monday, on a February day. Everything looks green! This is my neighbor's yard.
3. Handwritten. These are some recipes handwritten by my grandmother. I was lucky enough to be given her recipe box when she passed away. I wrote more about it three posts below...it's something I truly treasure. I love seeing the old-fashioned names of my grandma's friends on the recipes: Edrie, Treva, Ruby, Esther, Mildred...you just don't see names like that anymore. They're from another time and place.
4. Bliss. On this photography journey I'm taking, I've discovered that my bliss truly resides in the editing process. I know very little about my camera so far, but I feel pure joy when I can sit and edit my photos into something more beautiful. PSE is my medium, and its tools make no mess (and don't take up any space). Right now, my lovely point-and-shoot camera is more of a means to an end...maybe that will change with time and knowledge? I captured this photo of a fountain near Middleburg, VA, and it's the only photo from my archives this week. I had fun jazzing it up!
5. Gray. This past Tuesday, the clouds suddenly rolled in - I'm amazed it never rained. An hour after I took this photo, the skies were blue again. Weird weather!
Thanks so much for having a look!