Sunday, November 17, 2013

What a Wonderful World

fall in Virginia

fall in Virginia

fall in Virginia

fall in virginia

fall in Virginia

Why is it so many of us persist in thinking Autumn is a sad season? Nature has merely fallen asleep, and her dreams must be beautiful if we are to judge by her countenance. ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Fall is just about gone in Virginia...the leaves are turning to rust. But I have a few photos to share from a week or so ago when they were at their peak. I feel lucky to live so close to a lake in our community - I can walk there in 15 minutes. I wish I were lucky enough to own one of the lakefront homes! I'm linking up today with Kathy's Song-ography prompt over at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out. The theme song this week is "What a Wonderful World". Fall is a wonderful time to be in this world...there's no doubt about it! The glorious colors take my breath away every single year.

Thanks for stopping by - click HERE to visit Kathy's blog and see more photos (or participate!).

9 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHHHH...totally smitten with that second shot my friend! It's just kinda 'PERFECT' with the colors of the autumn trees and lake playing background against the interesting lines of the branches in the foreground. Wonderful! Thanks for joining in on Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors! Everything screams beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great Sherri, but i do love the depth of field and the composition on that second shot. hope you have had a wonderful weekend. I was still out catching some fall color this weekend. Things a bit slow here in the south. Lovely shots

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in all of your pictures are prime examples of this amazing planet and our wonderful world. The drive/path surrounded by trees and bushes of multi color - who could frown walking along that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauty. You are lucky to live so close to this lake. I loved the shot of the berries with the trees and lake in the background. Also those divinely colored maple leaves. Truly a "wonderful" world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great eye for perspective/dazzling shots♪♫ Love these...Have a wonderful week! http://lauriekazmierczak.com/zzzz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh for the life of me I cannot think of what those orange berries are... oh, are they Bittersweet?? I wish they grew here in the NW, they make lovely dried wreaths, arrangements...

    ReplyDelete