Friday, October 18, 2013

Autumn Tones

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Sperryville, VA

Scarcely sad, so mild and fair
This enfolding Autumn seems;
All my moody languor dreams,
Cradled by the gentle air.
~Paul Verlaine

The month of October is my favorite for photo taking...every weekend is spent on day trips to the country to capture the changing scenery. Virginia back roads are truly beautiful...there are treasures to find around every curve and down every country road. One of our recent destinations was the area around Sperryville, VA - here are a few of my favorite images, which I'm sharing with Friday Finds. The trees were barely starting to turn, but fall was definitely in the air. Click on the button to visit and/or participate! Have a wonderful weekend.

Kim Klassen dot Com

8 comments:

  1. As I was born in VA. this part of the country I so understand the beauty. I am sure the beauty will even get better with fall colors. Lovely country Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some delightful autumn scenery here! And I have a feeling there's more and better to come. Ours seems to be coming slowly this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, maybe I will have some of that next month...maybe! Love how the colors of green and brown meld together, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful landscape, Sherri! I especially like the oicture of the crossroad - where the road is about the spil to the right ... and also the charming barn, one can see through. Enjoy the weekend tours capturing the beauty around you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful glimpses of your backroads and countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.beautiful,beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these country shots! I really love dirt roads that lead to ????. Is this near you?? Very lovely landscapes.

    ReplyDelete