Friday, December 2, 2011

One Step at a Time



This is my submission for Photo Art Friday at Pixel Dust Photo Art. Believe it or not, this is a close-up of a step in the historical part of Williamsburg, VA. Since all of the buildings in this area are historically accurate, I was very curious as to why this small "panel" was embedded into each step. It looks like some sort of copper that has been tarnished. It was wet with morning dew and had amazing color to it. For the PDPA challenge, I tried to add a layer with writing, but then use a mask to only reveal parts of it on the image. I loved the effect...the texture I used was Bonnie's "Ma Belle 2". It's gorgeous and one of my favorites!

11 comments:

  1. i really love that texture here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! love the processing on this. It provides beautiful abstract quality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors and textures very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!
    And amazing, interesting steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors/texture. I like the leaves on the step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photography AND rendering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting and awesome artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree; this is a beautiful composition and excellent texture processing. love it. thank you (visiting from PAF)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherri: Love the subject matter and the way you have employed the texture. So pleased you shared this piece with Photo Art Friday!

    ReplyDelete