Monday, December 12, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus

Here Comes Santa Claus

Two posts in one day? Not normally, but I just discovered that Kim Klassen is doing a "12 Days of Textures" prompt at her lovely blog and I'd like to try and participate. Please visit her blog and think about participating! Kim's texture for Day 1 is "Lilly", which I've used here. I extended the texture slightly beyond the photo to remove the border because it didn't mesh right with Santa's beard. This Santa is my most prized Christmas decoration...I bought him in East Berlin back before the Communist wall came down. I was only 19 years old when I made that trip through Checkpoint Charlie, and being on the Communist side of Berlin was surreal. The best way I can describe it is that West Berlin was modern day technicolor with surround sound; East Berlin was a vintage, black and white silent movie. The difference in energy between the two places was eerie, and I'll never forget it.

9 comments:

  1. Love your photos and your artistic way with them! Kim Klassen's textures are so much fun to play with! Your Santa Ornament is truly sentimental treasure to hold on to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri, nice to meet you! I think I found another favorite blog to come visit! Your photography is amazing! I've got to look around some more! What a precious Santa & precious blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, isn't he darling!!! Wonderful photo...even more wonderful story of his "background."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying your beautiful photography and your Christmas stories. Wonderful! (PS I love snowmen, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo and texture work, Sherri !
    And a special memory ...
    Thanks for your nice comment,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo made me laugh! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fantastic - I'm glad you did 2 posts a day and I'm so happy I discovered it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo... I remember the days of stocking sculptured dolls. Beautiful work on the post processing.

    ReplyDelete